I can’t remember when brows became so important to me but in January 2014 I remember looking in the mirror and realizing my eyebrow game was not on point. Cue Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade to the rescue.This product is a life saver, hands down one of my holy grail products. I’m getting ahead of myself here, throw back to the bad brow days. So after the realization that my eyebrows were a sad shell of what they could be I set out on a trip to my local Sephora. If you walk into Sephora without knowing what you want, it can be a little overwhelming. I spent a lot of time pre-planning my Sephora trip by reading tons of reviews on-line to determine which product would be right for me. After a lot of research it became very clear that Anastasia Beverly Hills had the best brow products. After a quick trip to Sephora, I had picked up the Dipbrow Pomade version in the colour Ebony.
Product Claim: A smudge-free, waterproof pomade formula that performs as an all-in-one brow product. This creamy, multitasking product glides on skin and hair smoothly to create clean, defined brows. The stand out formula works as a brow primer and provides colour, sculpture, and shading. It is ideal for oily skin and in humid conditions.
- Extremely pigmented, meaning that you don’t need a lot of product to achieve beautiful brows.
- 0.14 oz of product, which means this product will last forever.
- Cost. This product retails for $23.00 (Canadian), which isn’t as expensive as some brow options.
- Smudge-proof, waterproof, meaning your brows will stay in place through anything.
- Great colour selection. Eight colours to choose from allow most individuals to match their brows to a shade easy peasy.
- Beautiful consistency, allowing it to be very buildable and apply smoothly.
- Time consuming, The gel formula took a bit of getting used to and practice before it looked good.
- It requires a brush to use, and one isn’t included with the product (I use the ABH Brush #12 to use this product).
- Waterproof, it can be difficult to remove but waterproof make up remover helps with this.
- Cost. of this product could be a bit much for those on a budget.
Conclusion: This is a must have product. Anastasia Beverly Hills products and beautiful brows go hand in hand. If you want beautiful brows that’ll stay in place through anything then look no further. The ABH Dipbrow Pomade allows me to have the illusion of much nicer brows than I really have. I find that the pros easily outweigh the cons with this product. I personally think that the colour ebony matches my brows extremely well and love how easy it is to achieve perfect brows. I have never had this product smudge on me or fade throughout the day either. During the summer time, it’s waterproof claim held true and left me looking like a drowned rat with great eyebrows. Also, I purchased this product in February 2014, and I use it every day. It’s December 23, 2014 and I still haven’t ran out yet although I have hit the bottom of the jar and it has started to dry out a tad.
Filled in Brows:
ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony swatch with flash:
ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony swatch without flash:
ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony after owning
it for 11 months with daily usage: