A holy grail foundation is a must for every individual to own. Look no further ladies and gentlemen, Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation is the answer to your prayers. First thing you need to know about me is that I love full coverage foundations, I prefer to cover up freckles and blemishes and have my skin looking “flawless”. Second, my skin is combination, the only area on my face that gets oily is my nose and the rest is normal. Third, I hate looking shiny throughout the day but also hate repeatedly powdering to achieve the matte look I want. In other words, I am ALWAYS on the hunt for the perfect foundation. This one surprisingly does not have many reviews on it but I decided to take a chance on it and after a quick Sephora trip I returned home with my new purchase.
A 15-hour, flawless foundation that stays looking fresh and natural through heat, humidity, and nonstop activity.
Estée Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 15-hour staying power, and it is natural-looking for carefree coverage. A lightweight, oil-free, and buildable formula, it doesn’t change color, leaving your makeup looking as fresh as when you first applied it. This product is fragrance-free and non-acnegenic. It has been dermatologist tested.
- Full coverage, literally covers every single thing on your face.
- Lightweight, I find that it’s hard to find a foundation that is both full coverage and still feels lightweight but this manages to make it feel like there’s nothing on my face.
- Impressive staying power, I’ve never tested it’s 15 hour staying power claim but I have worn it all day without any fading.
- Doesn’t oxidize, this is a huge thing to me. There’s something so unappealing about how a foundation will turn orange throughout the day and this remains the same colour all day long.
- Doesn’t transfer, anyone with a significant other knows how annoyed they can be when they end up with your face on their shirt.
- Matte finish, perfect for those who want to remain matte all day long without a million powder touch ups.
- HUGE colour selection, with 30 shades to choose from, you’re bound to find your perfect shade.
- Runny consistency, Personally I like how this makes the foundation very easy to apply and enjoy how it sets to a perfect finish after a few minutes. Though I know some people dislike runny foundations.
- Matte finish, can emphasize dry spots and may not be suitable for those with dry skin. Some individuals also hate how the skin can look “flat” with this on, luckily there’s contouring and highlighting to help with that.
- Can be difficult to remove.
- Cost, this foundation retails for $44.00 (Canadian) for 1oz, which is more expensive than drug store foundations but in the same neighbourhood as other high end foundations.
Conclusion: This is the perfect foundation for oily skinned individuals or those who want a matte finish throughout the day. Personally, I love love LOVE it and will never use anything else. In case anyone was curious, I have used other full coverage foundations such as the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation and hated how it feels on the skin, or the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying foundation and never been satisfied with it’s claim of being a matte foundation. The Estée Lauder Double Wear meets everyone requirement that i want my foundation to have and always succeeds in allowing me to look and feel my absolute best.