Finding the perfect bronzer to contour with is close to impossible. I’d been using NARS Laguna Bronzer for about 27 million years and when I finally hit pan decided to try something new, maybe even something a bit cheaper than the $45.00 (Canadian) per 0.28oz I was paying. After about twenty trips to Sephora, reading lots of reviews, and countless swatches I settled on Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer.
What it is:
A beautiful bronzing powder.
What it does:
This powder is like Barbados in a box! Sweep Hoola across the chin, cheeks, and forehead with the accompanying brush for a healthy, natural looking tan year-round— no tanning bed necessary.
- Matte, making it the perfect bronzer to contour with.
- Comes with a brush and mirror in the box, I personally find the brush to be a little useless but to each their own.
- Super pigmented, a little goes a long way with this.
- Cost, retails for $36.00 (Canadian) per 0.28oz. You get a fair amount for what you pay, it’s a great quality bronzer, and you don’t need to use a lot.
- Long lasting, it’s nice to know that it won’t fade away throughout the day.
- Very buildable, easy to achieve a subtle or a more dramatic contour.
- Blends easily, always nice to know you won’t have an obvious contour or spend 27 years trying to blend your bronzer out.
- Cost, retails for $36.00 (Canadian)/ 0.28oz.
- Packaging, I usually try not to judge a product based on it’s packaging but for $36.00 I expected it to come in something a little more sturdy.
- The brush, what’s the point of giving it a brush when it’s not even very good?!?!?
Conclusion: WHY DON’T YOU ALREADY OWN THIS?! Just kidding, but really though. This bronzer is so beautiful, so pigmented, I could go on about how amazing it is for forever. It’s very buildable and blends into the skin with ease. It also lasts a whole day without fading or transferring. My requirements when searching for a bronzer to contour with are: matte, a brown shade with no nasty orange undertones, and pigmented. This bronzer passes the test with flying colours.