Where my liquid lipstick lovers at?!?!? So last month MAC came out with 15 shades in their retro matte liquid lipcolour collection. ABOUT TIME FOR MAC TO HAVE THEIR OWN LIQUID LIPSTICKS, but better late than never. Liquid lipsticks have really taken the world by storm lately, and have quickly become a favourite of mine. I purchased a few when they were released; one being the shade Back in Vogue. Now let’s get down to reviewing! In case you’re feeling too lazy to read I’ve outline the pros and cons below.
A lip colour that provides a splash of colour in a liquid-suede finish that lingers. Long wearing, eight hours. Colour wears evenly and smoothly. Provides stay true colour. Non feathering, non bleeding.
Back in Vogue is described as a peachy nude but I would say it’s definitely more on the peachy side. Package wise it comes in a clear tube with the typical MAC lipstick lids. It has a pointed applicator which makes applying this lipstick straight from the tube a cinch. By this point I had noticed it has the vanilla scent that MAC lipsticks are so well known for. Formula wise this beats other liquid lipsticks I’ve tried hands down. It’s creamy and dries fairly quickly after application. It’s the most lightweight formula I’ve ever tried, I can hardly feel it on my lips at all throughout the day. And the staying power, oh my gosh yaaaaaas! It lasts and lasts throughout everything, drinking, eating, kissing, etc. It is extremely transfer resistant which is another quality in a lipstick that I look for. I do notice that it wears away slightly at the corners of my lips after about 4ish hours of wear time but a quick reapplication and I’m good to go again. Even though it is described as a retro matte finish, I personally do not find to to be very drying to my lips.In fact, I find it more moisturising than other liquid lipsticks I own. It retails for $24.00 (Canadian) which is about the typical price for a higher end liquid lipstick.
- Hella pigmented, I only needed one layer of Back in Vogue to cover my lips.
- Retro matte formula, quickly dries down to a smooth matte finish that looks sharp and gives it some serious staying power.
- Quick dry time, I prefer this due to it being nice not to sit around and wait for it to dry or risk smudging it.
- Applicator you can actually use, this pointed applicator makes applying straight from the tube a cinch.
- Doesn’t over dry your lips or feel dry throughout the day, perfect for those who are prone to dry lips.
- Smudge proof, fade proof, and transfer resistant, thank you MAC.
- Tiny package, makes it extremely convenient to throw in your purse and doesn’t take up a lot of vanity space.
Personally I can’t think of anything that bothers me but..
- After talking with a MAC employee, she mentioned that with a couple layers these liquid lipsticks are prone to cracking or settling into fine lines.
- Fragrance, if that bothers you these are vanilla scented. It usually fades within half an hour of wear time.
- Could possibly be drying, these are liquid lipsticks and those who are prone to dry lips might find even these moisturising ones to be a little dry.
- Quick dry time, for those still mastering applying liquid lipsticks quickly this could cause a teeny problem.
***Please ignore my messy hair