I’ve found myself loving a good highlighter more and more everyday, so it only made sense for me to pick up the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Sunlight. Have you seen the swatches of these highlighters? They literally look like liquid gold. The shade Sunlight is described as, “imparts a soft golden glow“. A pretty accurate description because you’ll be GLOWING after applying this. With my summer tan, I’d say this shade works well for my skin tone but if you’re more fair it might be too dark. There is quite a bit of shimmer in this highlighter, so if you’re not a fan I’d recommend a different shade or even brand. I’m still having some mixed feelings about it. I’ve been using a beauty blender to apply it and it somehow leaves an orange streak but then shimmer all around where I buffed the highlighter in.Perhaps a few more trial and errors on the best way to apply this or a different shade are needed to have me completely sold on it. This product retails for $52.00 (Canadian) for 0.5oz at Sephora . I find this to be a little pricy when compared to other brands and the amount they give you. The COVER FX Custom Enhancer Drops come in six shades: Celestial (glistening pearl), Moonlight (imparts a soft, silver glow), Sunlight (imparts a soft, golden glow), Candlelight (illuminator shimmering golden bronze), Sunkissed (for a light sun-kissed look), Sunset (for a deeper sunkissed look). The first four are highlighters, whereas, the last two are liquid bronzers.
What it is:
A bottle of ultra-concentrated illuminating and bronzing drops that allow you to customize your ideal glow with a liquid metal or sunkissed finish.
What it does:
Custom Enhancer Drops makes bringing adding a highlighting, strobing, or bronzing effect to any liquid cosmetic or skincare product easy. Add them to your favorite foundation, primer, serum, and moisturizer. Available in six universal shades, including four illuminators and two bronzers, these drops can also be used alone, even on top of powder, to create a buildable highlight or sunkissed tint. Custom Enhancer Drops were formulated with a high concentration of pearls that produce a lit-from-within glow without appearing too glittery or overdone. The more drops you use, the more luminosity you’ll get. The result is a beautiful, camera-ready, radiant finish.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
This product is free of mineral oil, gluten, talc, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, DBP (dibutyl phthlate), and camphor.
- Shade selection, I think they nailed the whole highlighters for cool and warm skin tones.
- Long wearing, It will stay in place all day without any fading.
- Glass vial with a dropper, makes it extremely easy to control the amount of product you use.
- Extremely pigmented, no need to set this with a powder highlight or you can mix it in with your foundation for a nice glow.
- So sparkly, this makes it so easy to look like a disco ball very easily.
- Price for the amount of product given,it retails for $52.00 (Canadian) for 0.5oz at Sephora. (Compare this to Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector for $50.00 (Canadian) for 1.7oz or their travel size for $23.00 (Canadian) for 0.68oz.)
- Runny, thin consistency, personally I find this to be a little annoying to work with but then again it’s all personal preference. I’m used to applying more creamy highlighters.
- Dries extremely quickly, be prepared to work quickly or in sections.