I have a slight obsession with BECCA highlighters. My dream is for my glow to be seen from miles away and BECCA makes that happen. So to add to my highlighter collection here’s a review on BECCA Skin Perfector Pressed in Rose Gold. First, let’s start off by saying this highlighter is gorgeous. It’s described as a, “soft gold infused w/ rose tones“. I don’t quite agree with the description, personally I find that it applies as a rose toned blush with soft gold infused throughout it. I never find the need to wear blush with this as it’s basically a highlighter and blush in one. It applies like a dream and is extremely pigmented, you need one swipe to have goddess like cheekbones.I’ve found that it easily lasts 8 hours with minimal fading. It retails at Sephora for $46.00 (Canadian) for 0.28oz of product. I’ll let the swatches speak for themselves below;)
What it is:
A creamy, luminizing powder highlighter to light up the features you love with a high-shine finish.
What it does:
Achieve a refined glow in any light with this bestselling highlighter. Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Pressed is enriched with ultrafine luminescent pearls that absorb, reflect, and refract light to amplify your natural radiance. Like a compact full of crushed gemstones, the multi-toned pigment pearls adjust to your skin’s natural undertones. They’re perfect for intense highlighting or layering to create a truly unique glow. Unlike traditional methods, the one-of-a-kind formula blends pigments with liquids, providing an unparalleled, creamy application with balanced color coverage. The result is a high-shine, elegant shimmer finish that doesn’t look glittery.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Super pigmented, you get one hell of a blush/highlight going on with one swipe.
- Long wearing, this lasts all day easily.
- Rubberized packaging, if you like packaging then maybe this is too plain for you but I’m a fan.
- Shade selection, perhaps Rose Gold isn’t for you but you like the way this highlight applies, BECCA has your back with five other shades to try
- Price, retails at Sephora for $46.00 (Canadian) for 0.28oz of product. This is the typical price for a high end product and it will probably last you forever.
- Most importantly: glowy rather than glittery, I prefer to glow rather than being a disco ball.
- Pigmentation/shade, perhaps you don’t quite like how this product has the 2 in 1 (blush and highlighter) effect going on.
- Price, $46.00 (Canadian) may be a bit much if you’re on a budget.