I’m always on the hunt for a foundation that will fit all my demands, and boy do I have a lot. Cue Urban Decay releasing All Nighter Liquid Foundation. I had seen it in a few Youtube tutorials and knew that I had to own it as soon as possible. I was matched to the shade 3.0 which is described as, “light with soft warm undertone”. Upon initial application it matched fairly well until I looked in the mirror about an hour later. It had oxidized like crazy and my face was now an orange nightmare. That shade was promptly returned and I grabbed shade 2.0 which is described as, “fair with soft warm undertone”. It initially applies too light for my skin tone but soon oxidizes to the correct shade. The plastic packaging is so unique and best of all comes with a pump. On the box the product claims, “Full coverage, Longwear, Matte Finish, Waterproof, Oil Free”. Disclosure: I have combination skin, everywhere is normal except for my nose is oily. On the full coverage claim, it does provide pretty decent coverage and you can build up the areas you might need a little more on. I call bullpoop on the longwearing part. This started breaking down on and around my nose after two hours. Call me unimpressed. I tried blotting, using a bloterazzi, and powdering with no luck. My foundation just appeared patchy and gross on my nose until it looked oily again. Therefore, this foundation is not quite as matte as they claim . It’s also one of those mattes where when you first apply it, you look dead. It was flat and made contouring and blush a must. It also settled into my fine lines like a son of a biscuit. Those small under eye wrinkles became extremely evident, it settled into my smile lines and into a forehead line I didn’t even know existed. Basically, it made me look like I’d aged twenty years after applying it. I didn’t get to try out the waterproof claim on this foundation so they get to hold onto that claim for now.It retails at Sephora for $49.00 (Canadian). My overall opinion is to pass on this product.
What it is:
A full-coverage, matte-finish, waterproof foundation that lasts all night.
What it does:
All Nighter Liquid Foundation by Urban Decay provides full coverage with a modern matte finish that never looks overdone. Get all-night wear and a blown-out effect you never thought was possible for a flawless-looking complexion that looks amazing and stays that way. Perfect for all-night affairs, this innovative formula is also comfortable enough to wear every day.
While Naked Skin complexion products are semi-matte, All Nighter Liquid Foundation is completely matte and oil-free. Urban Decay loaded this formula with an higher amount of pigment (about three times as much as Naked Skin Liquid Makeup), so a little goes a long way. There’s no need to build coverage or apply multiple layers. This waterproof formula diffuses light to blur flaws for beautifully perfected skin, while it mattifies and absorbs oil to reduce the appearance of shine.
With a wide range of carefully calibrated shades that match Urban Decay’s existing Naked Skin Liquid Makeup shades, it’s easy to find your perfect match. Because All Nighter Liquid Foundation is so high coverage, it’s important to choose the right shade. Just swatch the product on the skin, blend down, and allow to set to see if it’s the right match for you.
What else you need to know:
All Nighter Liquid Foundation comes in a sleek, edgy bottle that has a luxurious, highly metallized, gunmetal effect with asymmetric cutouts. As cool as it looks, it’s also practical; the shade is clearly visible, but the bottle never looks messy. It’s also equipped with an airless pump—so it’s easy to get out every last bit of product.
- Full coverage, it covered my blemishes very well with one layer. I could see my freckles still peeking through a bit though but with two this was easily solved.
- Pump, having a pump does make applying easier and seems a bit more sanitary.
- Not smudge proof or transfer proof, if I even touched my face this foundation had transferred and it got all over my boyfriend’s clothing every time we hugged. Not cool.
- Oxidizes, I personally hate when foundations do this. But you could always go down a shade and plan ahead for when it occurs.
- Definitely does not absorb oil like their description said, my skin is barely oily, just that one teensy spot, and it just fell apart there. I can’t imagine having all over oily skin and wearing this.
- Not longwearing, I found that throughout the day it would continue to break down on my definitely not oily cheeks, as well as be smudged off throughout the day.
- Settles into fine lines, need I say more?