I’ve always hated how contour kits have about a million contour shades or sell ton of single contour products but there always seems to be a shortage of a good highlighting shade (and no I’m not talking about the shimmery type of highlighters). Cue Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in Banana. If you’ve read my other review on the ABH Stick Foundation Stick in Beige? then you’ve probably realize that I absolutely hate it. So I was pleasantly surprised when I found that I loved using ABH Banana as a highlighter. For everything that this product lacked as a foundation works for it as a highlighter. This product is housed in the same packaging as the foundation sticks, I find it convenient to easily apply to the face where needed. Shade wise, Banana is a light warm yellow that works to brighten wherever you apply it without making you look like a yellow crayon. The sheer to medium coverage formula applies well over my foundation and doesn’t feel thick as it is a super creamy product that is easy to blend out. I do bake wherever I apply the ABH Banana Stick Foundation as it has a demi-matte finish and can otherwise crease under my eyes. The product retails for $33.00 (Canadian) for 0.32 oz of product. I find that price ridiculous if I were to use it as a foundation, but as it is only applied to certain areas and not lot is required, the price is justifiable.
What it is:
A multitasking, medium to full coverage stick foundation.
What it does:
This highly-pigmented, buildable cream stick foundation creates a natural-looking, matte finish. Ideal for all skin tones and combination to oily skin types, it’s easy to layer and deliver medium to full coverage with a smooth finish. It’s perfect for all over coverage, touch ups, or highlighting and contouring.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Lightweight, this feel very light on the face and doesn’t feel uncomfortable when I add it on top of my other products
- Price, for $33.00 (Canadian) for 0.32oz of product I can justify it. You don’t need a lot of product to highlight
- Creamy consistency, blends out very easily
- Banana shade, it creates a subtle brightening effect that I really love that this shade works for my skin tone well to brighten and highlight my face
- Long wearing, I find this to be particularly long wearing which is surprising because I found the foundation to suck in this department
- Shade selection, this is the only highlighting shade available at the moment. Kind of limiting as it might not work for fair skin tones or deep skin tones
- Creasing, if I don’t set this under my eyes well I find that due to it’s creaminess it’ll crease in the under eye area