If you’re an avid Anastasia Beverly Hills fan (like me) or enjoy a good highlight (like me) then I’m sure that you’re heard of the ABH Glow Kit in Gleam. I picked up this bad boy mainly on a whim as I was purchasing the ABH Glow Kit in That Glow at the same time. Overall, it wasn’t a bad purchase but it’s also not one of my best ones. The product is housed within silver cardboard packaging. I really wish ABH would upgrade to plastic, I find cardboard starts to look rough very quickly. Four cool toned, pink hued highlighters are what you first see upon opening this palette. Each shade is clearly labelled with a name that suits it’s colouring. Texture wise, these get a hard meh from me. They’re not as buttery or smooth as some highlighters but they’re also not bad. I find it takes a few swipes to really build them up. This could also be due to my skin tone, this palette would probably suit someone who is of a paler complexion and enjoys cool tones on themselves, whereas I am more of an olive skin tone and prefer warmer shades. Overall, it’s a nice product for the price, I just don’t reach for it very often. It retails for $52.00 (Canadian) for the palette which includes 4 pans with 0.26 oz of product in each pan.
What it is:
A glow kit with four metallic powder highlighters for intense luminosity.
What it does:
Bring instant luminosity to the complexion with these four metallic powder highlighters. Just layer the highly blendable shades together or wear them separately on the eyes and body for a radiant look.
This set contains:
– 4 x 0.26 oz/ 7.4 g Metallic powder highlighter
- Variety of shades, you get four pink hued colours all within one handy palette
- Sizing, each pan has approximately 0.26 oz of product in it (For comparison purposes, I have also reviewed Becca’s Pressed Powder highlighters and those contain 0.28oz of product for $46.00)
- Price, this one ties into the sizing of each pan. For $52.00 (Canadian) you’re getting one heck of a deal
- Convenient, I do like how they have four shades all in one product. Makes it a lot easier when I’m traveling and don’t want to pack a lot
- Formula, it’s not quite as buttery or soft as other highlighters on the market
- Pigmentation, I find that I need a few good swipes of this to really build up a nice highlight
- Would probably suit fair complexions the most, as these shades are quite light and take some time to build up
- Packaging, although I think the silvery colour scheme is beautiful I would appreciate sturdier packaging or a stronger magnet so it doesn’t fall open when I travel