I have always favoured warm toned lipsticks. I find them to be very flattering on my skintone and within my comfort zone. So for the hell of it, I decided to switch it up with a cool toned lipstick. Baby steps, right? Of course, I chose to go for one from my favourite lipstick brand, MAC. I picked up Really Me which is described as a, “muted neutral pink” and is in a matte finish. Housed within the classic black packing and with the typical vanilla scent, it’s a gorgeous shade. I’m still slowly warming up to the colour on myself but I will not deny that it’s a beautiful, neutral pink that is extremely wearable. Like most MAC lipsticks, it is pigmented, long-wearing and transfer proof. It retails for $21.00 (Canadian) for 3 g / 0.1 oz of product.
- Price, retails for $21.00 (Canadian) for 3g / 0.1oz of product. A very reasonable price for a higher quality lipstick
- Vanilla scented, don’t fight me on this, this is definitely a pro
- Very pigmented, one swipe and you’re good to go
- Matte, but on the kind side of the matte scale. A matte that is forgiving and won’t leave you with crusty ass dry lips
- Their shade description could use a little work, although it is described as a “muted neutral pink” it is definitely more on the cool side
- Matte finish, could still be drying and require some exfoliation beforehand