I recently entered the world of Jeffree Star cosmetics and I have no idea what I was doing before. His velour liquid lipsticks are the bomb dot fucking com.Today’s review is on No Tea, No Shade. It’s described as a, “Purple/brown metallic hybrid”. SO DAMN PRETTY. I definitely own nothing even similar to this metallic shade.Now all the swatches I saw online definitely made it look very purple and that’s not quite true, it’s more of a metallic deep red. I’m personally not a fan of the packaging, I find the neon pink a little tacky but to each their own. The applicator is also really easy to apply this with right from the tube. Formula wise, this is absolute perfection. It is so lightweight I honestly forget I’m wearing it. No dry, crusty ass lips either;) It lasts foreeeever and I can eat and drink away to my heart’s content. Honest to god it takes one swipe to look super pigmented, no more layering to get some colour payoff cause this baby has it all. It’s lightly scented although I can’t quite name the scent, it does smell great. Now the main con is the process of getting Jeffree Star Cosmetics. They are only offered on his website at the moment, after shipping, duty, and the exchange weight, it adds up to a pretty penny.It retails for $18.00 (US) for 0.019oz of product.
Purple/brown metallic hybrid. Say hello to our new metallic velour liquid lip formula! Goes on full coverage and shines bright.
Our liquid lipstick goes on opaque, dries completely matte and stays on for hours! This product is 100% vegan & cruelty-free!(tips before use: exfoliate with lip scrub then apply to bare lips! Avoid food with oil… and no making out, kisses are ok!)
Also: Paraben & Gluten-Free / 0.19 oz.
- Such a unique metallic shade, it’s a to die for metallic shade that is bound to be super flattering on so many skin tones
- Super pigmented, it takes 0 effort to make this bad boy pop
- Super lightweight, it honestly feels as if nothing is on
- Lightly scented, I prefer when my lipsticks smell yummy versus like chemicals
- Long lasting like you will not believe, I have yet to meet a liquid lipstick that can match this one
- No crusty dry lips, I find this to be very moisturizing and not at all drying
- Price, retails for $18.00 (US) for 0.19oz of product. Not a bad price for the lipstick but look down to con #1 to see why there’s a catch
- Vegan, makes me feel a little better when I know my makeup is vegan and cruelty free
- Can only be ordered off of the Jeffree Star Cosmetic website. As a Canadian resident, I find this to be a bit of a hassle, there’s shipping and duty costs and it’s an all around pain in the butt
- Scented, if you’re sensitive to scents or just don’t like them this may not be for you