Time to review Jeffree Star’s Velour Liquid Lipstick in Gemini! It’s described as a, “terra-cotta warm-toned nude”. The shade wasn’t exactly what I thought it would be from the online picture and description. I find it to be a warm toned, more on the red side, not really a nude at all. Packaging wise it is the same as his other liquid lipsticks; clear plastic to see the colour of the product, embossed with the company name, and with a neon pink lid. The applicator works well for applying the product. It’s a lightly scented product but nothing overbearing. The consistency is fairly runny, which makes it easy to work with and helps to avoid accidentally putting on too much product. It dries down really quickly to a nice matte finish. I find this to be a smidge drying after about five hours of wear. Once you apply this bad boy, be prepared for it to last all frick frackin day. One of my favourite things about this product is that even if I devour a greasy burger whilst eating like a slob and trash my lipstick, touch ups are surprisingly easy and don’t add to any weight or yucky feelings to my lips. Hands down beats out all my other liquid lipsticks for this. All in all, these liquid lipsticks are a really great product. I still wish it was a little cheaper to get them from Canada but that’s the only real complaint I have with his brand. It retails for $18.00 (US) for 0.19oz of product.
Gemini’s are extremely independent. They will not be pinned down by anyone or any rules. They need to experience the world on their own. Inspired by Jeffree’s best friend who is a Gemini, this terra-cotta warm-toned nude is the perfect finish to any makeup look!
Our liquid lipstick goes on opaque, dries completely matte and stays on for hours! this product is 100% vegan & cruelty-free! (Tips before use: exfoliate with lip scrub then apply to bare lips! Avoid foods with oil… and no making out, kisses are ok!)
- Runny consistency, makes it easy to work with when applying and ties onto the next point…
- Lightweight, the runny formula allows you to apply very little and you don’t get that weighed down feeling
- Matte finish, this bad boy definitely dries down to a matte finish in no time and stays that way
- Lightly scented, I will always be a fan of scented products
- Pigmented, takes very little product to get a bold, opaque finish
- Touch ups, if you need to touch up your lipstick for whatever reason this product applies on top surprisingly easy and without adding any feelings of weight, dryness, or general yuck that layering liquid lipsticks typically has
- Ordering them sucks, shipping, duty and the exchange rate are not my friends
- Slightly drying, it’s a very minimal drying feel that happens after about 5 hour of wear and is sort of expected with liquid lipsticks and matte finishes
- Scented, it’s all really personal preference here