When I picture lip gloss, I picture sticky, tacky feeling lips with my hair stuck in it. Luckily enough, the Anastasia Beverly Hill’s lip glosses are not your childhood lip glosses. I picked one up in the shade Undressed as I was looking to try something a little different. It’s described as a, “café au lait” shade. The packaging is clear plastic with the brand embossed on it, making it very easy to see the colour of the product. Yeah okay, ABH, it’s more of a peachy nude but use whatever description you like. It’s extremely pigmented for a lip gloss which I was not expecting. It is a lip gloss so don’t expect wonders, it’s still a little sticky feeling but nothing unbearable and left my lips feeling moisturized at the end of the day. It is quite a thick formula and I coukd really notice it on the lips as feeling heavy. It’s very lightly scented but nothing unpleasant or overpowering. Overall, I’m kind of meh on this product. Although a nice product, I just don’t see myself reaching for this a ton. It retails for $21.00 (Canadian) for 0.16 oz of product (Contains more product than the ABH liquid lipsticks).
What it is:
A highly pigmented, ultra-smooth lip gloss.
What it does:
This ultra-smooth, weightless formula combines the intensity of a stain with the mirror-like shine of a gloss. The flat, sponge-tip applicator delivers multidimensional pigment neatly and precisely. Wear it alone or layer with lipstick to create a custom look.
- Pigmented, super surprising but awesome
- Flattering shade, you can’t really go wrong with a peachy nude
- Price, retails for $21.00 (Canadian) for 0.16oz of product. It’s a pretty good price for a good quality product
- Lightly scented, if you’re not a fan of scented product this could bother you
- Thick, it’s quite a thick gloss and definitely noticeable throughout the day
- Wear time, it is a gloss so you can’t expect all day wear but I found that whatever came into contact with my lips took my lip gloss right off which was frustrating and made reapplying a must