Today’s review is on a MAC favourite that was limited edition and is now part of their permanent collection: MAC’s Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Oh, Darling! It’s described as a, “metallic gold” and is a true gold shade. It’s packaged in the typical MAC black plastic with a clear view of the product. The detail on it is incredible, makes it almost too pretty to use. It’s incredibly pigmented as you can see from the swatch below. It does contain shimmer but nothing too obvious or tacky. I found that it didn’t last the whole day on me though, more about fiveish hours before it began to fade a bit. I have a soft spot for warm toned highlighters and this one really suits my skintone. All in all, I’m pretty happy with this product. It’s the first MAC highlighter I own and I’m already eyeing up more. It retails for $38.00 (Canadian) for 9 g / 0.31 oz.
Extra Dimension Skinfinish adds the perfect glow to skin. The liquid-powder highlighter, with prismatic reflections, is designed to sculpt and highlight your face, leaving a luminous, well-defined finish. The creamy powder formula lasts up to ten hours.
- Warm toned, bound to suit most skin tones
- Pigmented, it doesn’t take much product to get an obvious highlight
- Price, It retails for $38.00 (Canadian) for 9 g / 0.31 oz (For comparison: it contains more product than the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter and is cheaper= 0.28oz for $46.00 (Canadian).
- Shimmer, it’s minimal but it’s there
- Wear time, I didn’t find this to quite live up to their ten hour claim