Once upon a time in my younger years, the birth control I was on gave me horrible cystic acne and made me insanely insecure. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize it was my birth control and thought my bad habits with a skin care routine were finally catching up to me. It led to me going to where I solve the majority of my problems, Sephora. I chose to get the Clarisonic Mia 1 Skin Cleansing System in purple. The button is on the front of the device and enables you to turn it on and off as this device has only one speed. The brush head can be easily removed by twisting. It came with a plastic cover so that you can keep your brush clean whilst traveling. It has a “T-Timer” which means once turned on the device will vibrate at specific intervals to let you know when to move on to a different part of your face and will shut off at the one minute mark. Charging it is pretty straight forward, you plug it into the wall and then place it on the front of the device at the bottom where it’s magnetic. The battery life is supposed to last for 24 uses. Personally, I found it to be to rough to use on my face for daily usage and I had the gentlest brush head you could find. I was always wishing that the battery life was better as I’m horrible at remembering to charge things. Brush heads have to be replaced every three months according to the Clarisonic website. Kind of an inconvenience when you’ve already dished out money for the Clarisonic itself. Now for one of the biggest things about the Clarisonic that I disliked was that it was very unhygienic. When I first replaced my brush head I was absolutely horrified to see all the makeup and just straight up yuck that was hiding underneath there. It’s an extremely hard to clean area too as there was lots of crevices and tiny spaces for bacteria to hide in. Personally, I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone. The negatives sort of outweigh the positives to me and I found a much better face cleansing system after this. It retails for $139.00 (Canadian).
Which skin type is it good for?
What it is:
A gentle, one-speed cleansing brush that removes dirt, oil, and makeup up to six times better than hands alone.
– Acne and blemishes
– Dullness and uneven texture
If you want to know more…
Clarisonic’s Mia 1™ features one speed for basic sonic facial cleansing. Oscillation technology distributes 300 micro-massage movements that happen every second to work within skin’s natural elasticity to sweep away dirt, oil, and makeup to unclog pores, while fluid forces allow the water on the device to flush pores clean. After only 60 seconds, these patented technologies in the Clarisonic facial brush cleanse skin up to six times better than hands alone. This leaves skin ready for treatment products and prepared for smooth, flawless makeup application.
- Brush heads can be purchased for specific skin types, meaning that you can find one that suits your skin perfectly
- Rechargeable, it’s nice to not have to worry about replacing the batteries
- Easy to use, considering it only has one button that’s responsible for turning the power on/off and that charging is straightforward
- T-Timer, little vibrations that enable you to know when to move onto another part of your face
- Brush heads need to be replaced, this can add up pretty quickly
- Battery life is a meh, doesn’t last a particularly long time (24 uses= 24 minutes)
- One speed, there’s no option to switch it up to a faster or slower speed
- Not gentle enough, I prefer to wash my face in the morning and evening and this was definitely too rough on it and I had the brush head for sensitive skin
- Unhygienic, it’s really easy for makeup and yucky stuff to build up underneath the brush head and very hard to clean