It’s always a struggle to find the perfect bronzer. It can’t be too orange toned, be too shimmery, or be too hard to blend out. My personal favourite is NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna. It’s described as a,“brown with golden shimmer”. That colour description right there is why I love this product so much. This product translates onto skin as a rich brown versus being too orange toned. It also has subtle gold shimmer in it that although evident when swatched, melts right into the skin when blended and really helps to give that sunkissed look. Pigmentation wise this bronzer really delivers and the best part is that it’s very easy to blend out. Package wise, it’s very minimalistic with it being black with the brand name embossed on in white, there’s also a mirror located in side. The only downside to the rubberized packaging is that it looks dirty so fast. Inside there is a hefty amount of product that is bound to last for a long time. Now shade selection isn’t massive, if this one is too light then there’s only one more shade that’s slightly darker. I would say Laguna would be more for light to medium skin tones, but that’s just my opinion. It retails for $52.00 (Canadian) for 0.28 oz/ 8 g of product.
What it is:
A bronzer with a gold shimmer finish.
What it does:
Give skin a healthy-looking glow with NARS’ Bronzing Powder. Each shade has a rich brown shade with a gold fusion that makes it perfect for creating a sunkissed look or enhancing radiant, tanned skin.
- More brown toned than orange, makes it look more natural when applied
- Buttery formula, makes it oh so easy to blend out
- Long wearing, NARS is a nice ass brand so they know how to make some products that take long wearing very seriously
- Contouring product as well, I use this all the time to contour and it does an amazing job of it
- Slightly shimmery, now don’t be too alarmed by this. Once it’s blended the shimmer is very subtle and only gives it a nice glow. Nothing too tacky or overly shimmery
- Price, it retails for $52.00 (Canadian) for 0.28 oz/ 8 g of product. From just searching “bronzer” on Sephora, most products of this size, or even larger, typically go for somewhere in the $35.00-$45.00 (Canadian) range