I’m a die hard fan of anything matte when it come to lipstick. Anastasia Beverly Hills hit the nail on the head with this product because it is nothing if not matte. Did I also mention how excited I am that ABH is branching out into stick formula lipsticks. ABH’s Matte Lipstick in Peachy is described as a, “nude sandy peach”. I ordered it online and found it to be a very warm but darker peach shade than I was expecting. The packaging is beautiful, a glossy black and rose gold with the brand name embossed on it. Upon initial application on my lips it did pull a bit, nothing uncomfortable but noticeable. It’s very pigmented so one swipe and you’re good to go. Once applied it sticks like glue and will not budge until you want to remove it. Throughout the day, I did notice that my lips felt dry and tight but it still looked good which is what counts. Good exfoliation before is a must or even a lip primer or it will cling to dry patches.Overall, I think ABH really outdid themselves with these new lipsticks. It retails for $23.00 (Canadian) for .12 oz/ 3.5 g of product.
What it is:
A full-pigment lip color with a smooth, ultra-matte finish.
What it does:
Get beautiful, classic matte lips in a flash with this highly pigmented formula. The comfortable formula provides a soft, elegant, and lasting finish in enough shades to satisfy any lip aficionado.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Ultra matte, I guarantee this is one of the most matte lipsticks you’ll ever own
- Price, retails for $23.00 (Canadian) for .12 oz/ 3.5 g of product which is reasonable
- Pigmented, no need for more than one swipe
- Shade selection, if this peachy shade isn’t for you than there are 29 other shades that may tickle your fancy
- Drying, it’s not a moisturizing or kind matte lipstick by any means