When Anastasia Beverly Hills announced they were gonna branch out into liquid highlighters I was ecstatic to say the least. They’re well known for their glow kits being amazing and I could only imagine how life changing their take on liquid highlighters would be. I ordered the shade Perla which was described as a, “champagne platinum”. I found the shade to be a lot darker and more coppery than I expected.The packaging is nice, a glossy black squeezey tube with a little clear packaging window to see the product. Now the product squeezes out easy and it’s a thickish consistency. It’s extremely pigmented as demonstrated by my swatch below. You also don’t need a lot of product for it to be beaming. Personally, I had a hell of a time trying to blend this out on my face. No matter what I did it would leave behind a noticeable streak of colour. Just a big coppery streak on my face. I tried using a beauty blender, my fingers, a brush. Nothing would work for me. I guess it could be my foundation not mixing well with it but it remains a mystery for me. Overall, if you can make it work for you then it’s a beautiful product.It retails for $33.00 (Canadian) for 0.68 oz/ 20 mL of product.
What it is:
A weightless liquid highlighter that imparts an intense glow with lustrous finishes.
What it does:
Liquid Glow Highlighter is a concentrated, fill-pigment liquid formula that effortlessly blends into skin and with your favorite complexion products. Just layer it with Glow Kit for a high-impact, radiant sheen.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Pigmented, ABH was not kidding around with the pigmentation of this highlighter
- Smooth formula, it’s the right amount of shimmer so you avoid chunky glitter
- Shade selection, if this one doesn’t seem right for you then luckily they have three other shades that might tickle your fancy
- Packaging, having a squeezy tube makes it very easy to dispense the right amount of product and avoid wastage
- Dry time, this product dried pretty fast so you need to work quickly
- Price, retails for $33.00 (Canadian) for 0.68 oz/ 20 mL of product. you don’t get a whole lot of product for this price point
- (Streak when applying, this one may just apply to me but I feel like I should include it just in case anyone else experiences it)