I’ve never had a ton of luck with Kat Von D products, I think tons of them are beautiful and creative. But they’ve never quite worked for my skin type or really suited me. I am however a big fan of anything glittery or “fun” colours which made trying these liquid lipsticks a must for me.
REVIEW TIME BABY, prepare yourselves. Packaging is pretty straight forward, glossy black packaging, quite small (still holds a good amount of product), and the brand name is written on the packaging but clear so you can see the colour of the product within. How fun is that! I purchased the shade Televator which is described as a, “bright grape with purple glimmer”. I love, love, LOVE this colour. I was shocked by how much I actually loved it. It was such a vibrant, bright, sparkly purple. I even had tons of compliments from a variety of age groups which is always reassuring when you’re trying out a new product. The formula is very thin, very lightweight. You can feel the glitter in it but it’s not uncomfortable. You also don’t need more than a swipe, maybe two, for great colour payoff. I found the wear time on this bad boy to be very impressive. Almost too impressive, when it came time to remove it, it was a hell of a struggle. Would not recommend putting these anywhere else but your lips. It retails for $30.00 (Canadian) for 0.18oz/5.5mL.
What it is:
An innovative, 24-hour wear liquid lipstick with a mesmerizing, glimmer finish.
What it does:
Everlasting Glimmer Veil is the ultimate liquid lipstick to fuel your glimmer obsession. This breakthrough formula combines the same long wear, weightless innovation behind Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, with a multidimensional liquid-crystal finish. The result is the world’s very first 24-hour glimmer lipstick.
Kat Von D pushed the limits of performance to deliver 24-hour wear in a rich, glimmery, non-gritty formula that is so lightweight, it feels like nothing. Experience Gel Cushion Comfort—glimmer crystals that are coated in gel to ensure even application and effortless glide. This innovative liquid stain base is loaded with iridescent micro-pearls and reflective mirror-crystals for three layers of mesmerizing dimension.
Experience 3D effects with a swipe of the wand: Rock Everlasting Glimmer Veil on its own for a light-reflective finish, or layer it as a veil over Everlasting Liquid Lipstick for an ultra-high impact foiled lip look. Available in nine shade-shifting colors, including black, fuchsia, neon pink, and not one but two bold blues, this one-of-a-kind liquid lipstick catches the light with every movement.
- Shade selection, if this fun vibrant purple isn’t for you but you need some glittery lips in your life, you’re in luck. They have eight other shades to choose from.
- Liquidy, thin formula. Very easy to apply and work with
- Lightweight, probably due to the formula being so thin
- Longwearing, I shit you not that this stuff will stay on you forever
- Difficult to remove, I typically use an oil to break it down a bit, then I scrub a bit with my makeup eraser, and then I exfoliate. And I’m still typically left with a light stain on my lips.
- Price, personally I believe $30.00 (Canadian) for 0.18oz/5.5mL is a little much. Especially, when their Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks retail for $24.00 (Canadian) 0.22oz/6.6mL.